Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Opelika during the colder seasons, when they’re required to keep you warm. While you know the team at Farnell Mechanical, Inc. will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve compiled this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to discover the thermostat or the heat pump itself is switched off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to see if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to not work?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Examine your air filters inside your air handler to ensure they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve moved through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Farnell Mechanical, Inc. at 334-524-2458 and we’ll restore your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.