With warmer weather close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at peak efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could significantly increase your costs and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Farnell Mechanical, Inc. expert perform air conditioning service
at least yearly is critical to keeping your system operating at its best for the long haul. He or she can ensure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify possible concerns in advance of them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your expert air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to ensure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might harm your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they could obstruct airflow through your AC. Also make sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any piece of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters could be cleaned or replaced during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them monthly and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when it comes to air filter replacement, relying on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned on a regular basis will also be sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a cozy home. By sticking to these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be ready for whatever summer offers. Give the team at Farnell Mechanical, Inc. a call at 334-524-2458.