As warmer weather begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Auburn and Opelika? Even if your AC system is recently purchased or was running good last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same affects your air conditioning. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can wear out.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Farnell Mechanical, Inc. expert can help spot small issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your equipment to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your equipment clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a professional to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your unit efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate inside your unit can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these issues can lead to higher energy consumption—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, since you won’t have to get new equipment as soon.
- It helps identify little issues before they lead to big, costly problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine parts and complete a cycle of air conditioning performance checks. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into major problems that result in a pricey repair bill.
- It helps guarantee worry-free cooling throughout the season. After your air conditioner is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your equipment is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this service, your equipment is open to early breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A quality AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent spots and pieces:
- Full equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Farnell Mechanical, Inc.
This week is the best time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Farnell Mechanical, Inc. pros a ring at 334-524-2458 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we visit your residence, be sure to look at our exclusive offers for savings on your approaching service.