As spring begins, you may be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Auburn and Opelika? Especially if your cooling equipment is up-to-date or was cooling good last season.
Here’s one method to contemplate it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new car and never have to schedule any service for it, such as changing the oil or buying new tires.
The same affects your air conditioner. It’s a machine that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can develop leaks and its moving pieces can fail.
Having your equipment inspected annually by a Farnell Mechanical, Inc. professional can help locate little issues before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your system to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is placed outside your home, it’s more prone to accumulating dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can majorly lower your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, you should call an expert to service delicate internal components.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that collect in your unit can push it to work harder and restrict airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy consumption—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps find minor problems before they lead to large, expensive issues. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will keenly look at parts and complete a series of AC performance tests. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify problems before they become big problems that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is prepped to provide worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your system is at risk for premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A quality AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from an experienced HVAC technician. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the following spots and pieces:
- Complete unit state
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll do:
- Put in new air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Today with Farnell Mechanical, Inc.
Now is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Farnell Mechanical, Inc. pros a ring at 334-524-2458 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your residence, make sure to browse our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming service.