Maintaining your heat pump
is essential to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family cozy during the Auburn and Opelika chill. If you already called Farnell Mechanical, Inc. for your annual tune-up, you’re definitely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 334-524-2458 to get one on the calendar.
There are lots of simple things you can do in between expert tune-ups to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it running in peak shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or replace them when recommended. This is such a straightforward way to improve the airflow through your heat pump and preserve top efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are accessible for maximum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work more and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are open and clear.
- If plants have budded up around your outdoor unit or litter has collected, be sure to clean the area.
- Test your thermostat often to guarantee that it’s operating appropriately. Simply turn it on and gently lift the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair or additional thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and cozy matters to us. For more ideas on DIY furnace maintenance or to set-up a tune-up with one of our professionals, call Farnell Mechanical, Inc. at 334-524-2458 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!