Having standard air conditioning service done at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Opelika summer, have the specialists at Farnell Mechanical, Inc. complete your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illicitly discharging it to the environment.
- Inspect for correct airflow through the system.
- Check the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it regularly. We suggest taking a look at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will bank on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another element of air conditioner maintenance, call Farnell Mechanical, Inc. today at 334-524-2458.