It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, looking for the latest sports scores or thumbing through Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like being informed when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and forget to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been discussed quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to evolve, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a host of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they understand your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the greatest savings out there. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to notify you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across a variety of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can pick the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to develop like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a number of bonuses that can help better your comfort, potentially lessen your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Farnell Mechanical, Inc. in Opelika has a number of thermostats to select from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 334-524-2458.