When it’s a little more frigid in Opelika you count on your heat pump to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a heat pump repair visit coming up. Annual maintenance service from professionals can keep your system operating properly and diagnose likely problem areas before they get worse. Between service visits, make sure to watch for signs that indicate repair is necessary. Here are some of the most common symptoms:
1. Your blower doesn’t seem to be working correctly. Is it running for enough time? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? These symptoms could hint at a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
2. Your heat pump is jammed heating mode or cooling mode. When when you need to beat the heat outside, your heat pump lowers the temperature in your home by carrying refrigerant through the indoor evaporator coil. When winter arrives, heat pumps change the process and passes refrigerant to the outside of the evaporator coil. If you can’t get your system to change modes, it may be time to contact a pro to find out why.
3. Your heat pump isn’t cycling normally. Your heat pump might be overheating if it is cycling on and off too frequently. This might signal a simple problem. Your thermostat may need to be recalibrated or a clogged filter needs to be swapped out. It may also indicate a breakdown in your thermostat or blower.
4. Your home is not being heated or cooled consistently. Are your registers all open and unobstructed? If they are and the problem endures, call a pro to see why your system is breaking down or out of balance.
5. Your heat pump is loud. If your heat pump starts running loudly or making noises you’re not familiar with, there could be an issue.
You’ll know when you need to set up heat pump repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The team at Farnell Mechanical, Inc. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.