Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner examined by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not seem like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Auburn and Opelika are not the best time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and lengthens the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the existing filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also reduce the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause extra stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are many of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the chance of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Farnell Mechanical, Inc. in Auburn and Opelika can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 334-524-2458 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.